- it is impossible to make predictions – in fact, even the current economic crisis (of planetary proportions) has not been forecast
- only very rough estimates can be attempted
- there is no such thing as precision
- it is impossible to isolate “cause-effect” statements as everything is linked
- optimization is unjustified – one should seek acceptable solutions, not pursue perfection
The above example of PoD stratification reflects very little understanding of Nature and of its mechanisms. As Aristotle wrote in his Nikomachean Ethics: an educated mind is distinguished by the fact that it is content with that degree of accuracy which the nature of things permits, and by the fact that it does not seek exactness where only approximation is possible.